Bastrop Residential Window and Door Replacment
A Great Customer Experience
Replacing windows and doors not only increases your curb appeal and gives a fresh new look to your home, but it also can help you reduce heat and energy loss, saving you money in the long run.
Bastrop Window and Door Replacements
Heat gain and heat loss through windows are responsible for 25%–30% of residential heating and cooling energy use. Replacing old windows with ENERGY STAR certified windows lowers household energy bills by an average of 12 percent nationwide. Lower energy consumption also reduces greenhouse gas emissions from power plants and homes. At Butler Contracting, we regularly do window and door replacements in Bastrop, TX and surrounding areas. There are many things to consider when replacing windows and doors in Central Texas. We recommend replacing aluminum windows with vinyl windows. Vinyl windows have a better energy star rating and are more energy efficient than aluminum windows.
# 1 Contractor in Bastrop County
Butler Contracting has been voted Best Contractor in Bastrop 2018, 2019, 2020.
Window and Door Services
Benefits of new windows and doors
- Increased home value
- Reduced utility bills
- Improved insulation
- Improved appearance
- Enhanced safety and security
- Better noise reduction
Types of Windows and Doors
Butler Contracting offers a variety of door styles and configurations to customize any indoor space including your kitchen, living room, or front entrance. Create the ultimate view like never before with an array of window styles to open up your living space and let natural light in. Our contractors are always here to help you decide which window is best for your needs and budget.
- Custom Windows and Doors
- Bi-Fold Door Replacement
- Multi-Slide Door Replacement
- Swinging French Door Replacement
- Patio Door Replacement
- Double Sliding Door Replacement
- Sliding Glass Door Replacement
- Front Doors Replacement
- Window/Door Conversions
- Vinyl Window Replacement
- Single-Hung Window Replacement
- Double-Hung Window Replacement
- Sliding Window Replacement
- Casement Window Replacement
- Bay and Bow Window Replacement
- Special-Shaped Window Replacement
Schedule an Appointment or Ask a Question
We offer quality work at affordable prices. All of the work that we do is done with honesty and integrity at the forefront of our minds. We want to earn your business, so give us a call or fill out the form below. We look forward to speaking with you.
Energy Efficiency and Window Glass
When you buy a standard vinyl window from a local big-box supplier, it will have Low-E Glass, which has better insulation properties than aluminum windows with single-pane glass. However, in Central Texas, it is important to have a better quality glass to improve energy efficiency in the Texas heat. We recommend a Low-ESC window, which are optimized for warmer climates like ours by applying two heavier layers, resulting in better insulation, improved energy efficiency, and longer life than other windows. Low-ESC windows keep your home’s interior cooler in the warmer months and warmer in the cooler months. They allow visible light to pass through year-round, while reflecting most summer heat outside. Most harmful UV rays are reflected outward, and very little energy-saving radiant heat escapes in the winter. Butler Contracting special orders windows for our clients to ensure we are providing the highest-quality windows for their home.
Cheap windows without Low-E glass have seals around the window pane glass, which can break and become dysfunctional, causing moisture to get inside and gas to leak out from the window pane. That gas leak causes condensation in between the two glass panes and create foggy windows.
There are different types and qualities of trim. Most new homes are built with the lowest quality material because it is the cheapest. This leads to advance deterioration and the need for restoration or repair within 5 years.
- Pine Trim – Typically used with low-quality caulking and cheap paint that leads to rotting in our Central Texas weather.
- Pre-Primed Wood Trim – This is kiln-dried so it’s already dried, primed, and sealed, which protects the wood.
- PVC Vinyl Trim – This trim comes pre-painted white but can be painted another color. PVC Vinyl Trim comes with a 25-year warranty, which is backed by the manufacturer. It cannot be eaten by insects, isn’t subject to wood rot, fungal or bacterial mold growth. It lasts much longer than other trim options and is a great long-term investment on your home.