Are you home more than you usually are? Are you looking for things to keep you busy? Here are a few seasonal reminders for the month to help you be productive around your home.
- Fertilize and water your lawn – Now is the time to make your lawn hearty so that it can survive the hot Texas summer. Water early in the day or late in the evening so your lawn gets the most water.
- Service your garage door opener – Oil the opener and chain, garage door, and all door hinges.
- Clean kitchen exhaust fan filter – Kitchen fans get used more frequently in the winter when you don’t want to open doors and air the kitchen out. Make sure there isn’t buildup in your kitchen fan.
- Cool your refrigerator – Clean refrigerator and freezer coils. Empty and clean drip trays.
- Check dishwasher for leaks – Dishwashers often get buildup which reduces their efficiency and can lead to leaks and smells. Run a cycle with dishwasher cleaner to clean it out.
- Check for leaks – Best places to check: under kitchen and bathroom sinks and cabinets, toilets, and appliances that connect to water.
*On toilet inspections, check both outside the tank around the supply line and bowl connection, where the toilet meets the floor, and inside the tank. If your toilet runs without flushing, either the water level is set too high or the flapper valve needs replacing. Check the water level to be sure it isn’t spilling over the top into the overflow pipe. If it is, lower the water level by turning the adjustment screw located on the supply valve or by adjusting the float mechanism. If the toilet is still running, replace the flapper valve at the bottom of the tank.
- Replace washers – Replace interior and exterior faucet and shower head washers if needed. This will improve the flow and help prevent leaks.
Give Butler Contractors a call for all your home repair and preventative maintenance needs: (844) 6BUTLER.